There are a few different ways that you can clean stainless steel. The best way to clean stainless steel is by using vinegar and water solution. You can also use a commercial cleaner, but make sure that you read the directions before using it.
Table of Contents
How to Clean Stainless Steel with Vinegar and Water
-1/2 cup white vinegar
-1/2 cup water
-1 microfiber cloth
1. Combine the vinegar and water in a bowl and mix them together.
2. Dip the microfiber cloth into the bowl and wring it out so that it’s damp but not dripping wet.
3. Rub the damp cloth over the stainless steel in a circular motion until you’ve covered the entire surface.
4. Let the vinegar and water solution sit on the stainless steel for 5 minutes.
5. Dip the sponge into some clean water and use it to rinse off the vinegar and water solution.
6. Dry the stainless steel with a clean microfiber cloth.
How to Clean Stainless Steel with a Commercial Cleaner
-1 commercial cleaner (like Weiman or Pledge)
-1 microfiber cloth or paper towel
1. Read the directions on your chosen commercial cleaner before beginning. Some cleaners need to be sprayed directly onto the surface while others need to be diluted with water first.
2. Apply your chosen cleaner to your microfiber cloth or paper towel—again, following the specific instructions on the product you’re using.
3. Rub the cleaner onto the stainless steel in a circular motion until you’ve covered the entire surface area.
4. Let the cleaner sit on the stainless steel for 3-5 minutes before wiping it away with a clean microfiber cloth or paper towel.
Stainless steel is one of those materials that looks good even when it’s dirty—but that doesn’t mean you should never clean it! Whether you’re cleaning stainless steel appliances or fixtures, there are a few different methods you can use to get them sparkling clean in no time at all.